»We need to be ready, resilient and skilled if we want to thrive in the digital era. Let’s prepare for the digital transformation of our industries and organizations. «
AWARE is an Erasmus+ (KA2) project, aiming to develop didactic approaches, methodologies, and curriculum content to develop cybersecurity awareness and competencies, as stated as a priority for the VET sector.
Fostering development of digital skills and mindset requires a shift toward more interactive methods of instruction and new content where teachers serve as facilitators and coaches rather than lecturers.
AWARE Knowlefge Base
AWARE Knowledge Base will be a tailor-made modular content, providing an overview of the context of cybersecurity and its current and future relevance, covering relevant topics regarding raising awareness for digitalization and cyber security among VET learners and teachers.
AWARE Self-assessment Kit »Cyber-Guardian«
AWARE Self-assessment Kit “Cyber-Guardian”, will be an interactive online game, testing the cyber safety and awareness of VET teachers and learners, recognizing their behavioural patterns, and assessing the knowledge and skills gained through the Knowledge Base and the Masterclass.
AWARE Masterclass will be a thoughtfully designed learning resource, introducing methods for safely navigating the digital world to both VET teachers and VET learners, in a user-friendly, captivating and easily understandable way, by using a teaching method of storytelling.
- VET teachers.
- VET learners.
- Representatives of SMEs.
- European policy experts.
- European policy makers.
- National policy experts.
- National policy makers.
- To address digital transformation through digital readiness, resilience and capacity building, by developing innovative learning and teaching resources.
- To develop didactic methods, approaches, tools and content – and thus enhancing digital and cyber security skills and competences for the digital transformation, as it addresses the increased risks related to a more digitalised world in general, and more specifically, in relation to VET, digital transformation of the industry.
- To raise awareness, empower and equip participating organisations with basic knowledge in the field of cybersecurity.
- To raise awareness and educate on cybersecurity issues among VET learners and teachers related to the digital transformation of industry and organisations.
- To raise awareness and educate on cybersecurity issues among VET learners and teachers on individual level, in everyday life.
- To develop AWARE Knowledge Base, Masterclass and Self-assessment Kit to introduce VET teachers and learners with cybersecurity issues.
- To demonstrate the need for VET-business cooperation in order to enhance cybersecurity related competences of VET teachers and learners.
- To foster permeability of VET by encouraging VET learners to seek educational and career opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
- To reach policy makers in order to strengthen the placement of cyber security in VET.
Duration: 01/11/2021 – 01/11/2023
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.